to medium carrots
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/8-1/4 cup margarine
2 sliced oranges
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup orange juice
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Cut them lengthwise or diagonally.
- Melt the margarine (start with 1/4 cup and add more if needed) in a skillet and add the brown sugar, nutmeg and orange juice.
- Cook 2-3 minutes then add the carrots and half the oranges.
- Cook on medium heat, basting occasionally, until the carrots are tender and the juice has nearly cooked away.
- Arrange the reserved orange slices around the carrots and serve.