This makes enough dough for a top and bottom, plus extra sugary treats*.
white, unbleached flour
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy or rice milk
- Using a fork, mix together the flour and oil.
- Add the milk and stir until it becomes absorbed.
- Knead lightly together to make a soft dough.
- Split the dough in two.
- Roll the first half out between two pieces of plastic-to about an 1/8” thickness, (plastic grocery bags work well)
- Peel off the top layer of plastic and carefully flip the rolled dough into a pie pan.
- Fill with pie stuff.
- Roll the second half as above.
- Place on top, crimp and vent.
- Bake according to pie recipe (if the top begins to brown too much, cover with tin foil).
*For sugary treats, cut extra rolled dough into strips and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake.